Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yoga en famille

Julia does yoga at preschool sometimes and I like the Yoga Kids 1 video they have got. I happened to spot a double set of Yoga Kids at Target for $15 so I picked it up and today after dinner we did one as a family. It is called Yoga Kids 2: ABC’s:

It basically gives the letters of the alphabet different names (ie: "A" was "alligator, "C" was "Caterpillar" and "W" was "wheel." It’s 40 minutes long and Julia hung in there until the letter "T" so that was pretty good. The rest of the time she ran around while Paul and I finished the alphabet. It’s a mixture of what I’d consider "real" poses and then poses that have been kiddified to make them simpler.

What would be cool is if someone did something like this, and then in a small box in a corner had an adult demonstrating the "adult" way of doing the pose and then you could workout with your kid and feel like the workout was a good one.

Not that I have a problem inching around on the ground with Julia doing the "Caterpillar" thing. Well… other than the boobs.

Paul and Julia were inching away much faster than me and I yelled, "Help! I’ve got drag holding me back!" and that cracked Paul up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home