Friday, June 02, 2006

health from different angles

My cough lingers but I'm going back to work today.

Did Yoga Kids 1 with Julia last night before bath time. It was fun.

Also got to sleep on the new twin bed with Julia and it felt sooooo good! I woke up today feeling much better rested even though the mattress pad isn't here yet. The old bed bit the dust.

I'm not exactly comfortable ordering organic mattresses online without getting to lay down on them in person so when it was time to switch the old twin out I stuck to what I know best -- Simmons BeautyRest.

But I did get better quality dust mite casings for both the twin and the queen beds and then a mattress topper for the twin from www.allergybuyersclub.com

Julia doesn't really leak in the night, but it's easier to wash a topper than a bed if she has an accident and at least this way I can have an organic dust mite resistant topper without worrying too much about whether or not I'm going to like it and what it will be to ship it back and get a refund.
I hope I like it. I've never bothered with toppers and htings because I like a firm bed.

But I'm finally trying to do something about my dust mite allergy in regards to where and how I sleep. And I'm going to have to address the fact that I've skipped on my allergy shots for months now.

While I was sick I got to read a lot more than usual. The Healthy Home : Beautiful Interiors That Enhance the Environment and Your Well-Beingwas lovely and I'm working my way through Organic Housekeeping and Healthy Home Workbook.

I've got two more rooms to declutter and then it's pretty much just reorganizing/redecorating so I've been more interested in taking the time to make our home reflect what we value and more nurturing instead of being the jumped of version of my coming home and flinging my sneakers off into the nearest corner -- careless clutter, utilitarian furnishings purchased as throw aways, hand me downs that aren't quite us, etc.

The dorm days and first flat days are long over and while having a child still has to take a nod toward durable/easily replaceable it doesn't have to be this disorganized.

I'm trying to read more about ayurveda, feng shui, and kitchen witches.

To sum up? While laid up sick, I was still considering health from different angles.

But I'm better, so now I can deal with it head on again and the first thing? Clean out the fridge and kitchen and map out NORMAL meals for the coming week. Dry toast and water has gotten old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home