Wednesday, August 09, 2006

All About Food

Julia and I are adjusting well to the new work schedule. I'm giving working 11 AM - 1 PM a whirl this month and I like it much better than 3:30-5:30 PM because I don't have to fight with her over naps. She just naps when we get home, and if she doesn't want to nap that day, I don't have to deal with a cranky baby a work.

I'm not yet sure that I'll keep it after this trial month though.

I'm still not getting to spend a lot of time on home things if I'm running off to school 5 days a week so... we'll see at the end of the month if I manage to paint some rooms and build my laundry table or not.

I'm still backlogged from last week so instead of walking I've been tackling housework until it is time to get Julia up for breakfast. Kitchen is better and laundry is caught up but the floors def. need scrubbing and bathrooms need a wash too. Ugh.

Produce delivery was yesterday and while I didn't take a picture of my cooler, I did spend some time cleaning the fridge and boxing up my produce. I also made several meals.

Caesar salad and beef kabobs for Paul, then all my work lunch stuff.



That one is for my friend Carla since it's my week to make lunch. She's getting pineapple juice, seasoned black beans and kidney beans, herbed polenta, stewed strawberries with balsamic glaze, blueberries, and grilled tomato/pepper relish topping for the polenta.



I get similar only after taking out her bean portion, I added a can of italian stewed tomatoes and blendered the beans into soup. Her lunch would not have been good with polenta and bean soup sharing the same container and I already filled the divided one up. The polenta would have gotten all soggy sharing with soup, so I just scooped out her beans so they'd be drier.

Anyway, I get the same herbed polenta with relish, and organic grapes on the side.

The rest of the blueberries I'm saving for my preschool cooking class tomorrow and then I ate all my stewed strawberries at dinner.

What I did was picked out all the soft strawberries from a 2 lb box, and then saves the rest for school.

Hulled, halved, rinse and into a sauce pan with 1/3 cup water, 1/4 sugar, and 1 tbs balsamic, bring to boil, scoop out strawberries, and let the liquid boil down to a glaze. then spoon a little bit on top of the strawberries and throw out the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home