Friday, June 09, 2006

Swimming

Going back to work this afternoon. The fever and dire rear are over, and the dehydration was fended off more or less successfully.

Man, that was rough! I was throwing up stuff I can't remember eating!

Paul thinks it was food poisoning and I think he must be right but I can't for the life of me figure out where we ate that may have been the source.

Yesterday I felt well enough to hit swim lesson and Julia is in two minds about the whole thing. Part of her is excited to be there and part of her dreads it. Mainly because this year she's a toddler, and her teacher is not scaling it down for her like he does for what he calls the "baby babies."

We have two in our class that's just over the 6 mos mark. I remember when Julia was that age taking class. She couldn't walk at all. And now if given the chance she'll scramble out of the pool yelling "I'm done! I'm done! I want to get out!" and try to run away!

I also have to get another bathing suit because she had me in a death grip that almost pulled my shoulder straps off. This one is too loose.

The main part that gets her anxious is the part in class where she has to be dunked under water. I can't figure if it's the dunking or the stranger anxiety or the domino effect of all the other children yelling and crying.

Once we're home she will calmly tell Paul what she did and how she had to "pop out" of the water and demonstrate kicking and sing the little songs they sing.

Next week? Life vests.

That's going to be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home