Sunday, January 15, 2006

Reflective

Picked Paul up from the airport Friday night. Exhausting but grand to have him home again. Haven't really discussed some of the things on my mind very deeply. Just in passing. Like... he can deal with his side of the family's needs this year. I'm taking a break from "outside our family" needs to focus on "within the family" needs.

And how he's at the 50-50% mark for having another kid. We're going to cary on as planned like we ARE going to TTC in Sept. and address side issues like paying off the house and health goals first. Then we'll see about getting down to brass tacks when we're at the brass tacks stage.

Saturday he took Julia to the playground while I slept. Monster cramps. Ugh. We did minimal errands and then came back. I felt awful.

Today we did nursery Sunday school and that was fun, but wearying and we got into a mild argument on the way home at the grocery where I wanted the buggy so I could just go at my speed and he wanted the buggy so he could go at his and getting two buggies didn't occur to either of us until much later. We laughed it off but we were tired so an afternoon nap was in order.

I got my period, finally, and I am starting to feel some relief from the nasty ass bloating and sweets cravings. So. That's 3 cycles coming in at 32-25 days apart. Excellent for me, the irregular-all-my-life PCOS patient!

We're both itching to get on with DIY, so this evening I was browsing a lot of decorating, woodworking, and sewing books and mapping out the next two rooms. I promised myself that I would FINISH Julia's room (paint, curtains) and the kitchen (paint) before starting the laundry (paint, sewing, woodworking, and maybe tiling) or our room (everything, lord, help me!). The living room... a bit more complex than I'm ready to deal with so I'm taking a break from that. I'm going to have to divide it up into smaller projects because looking at it as a whole room is starting to freak me out.

I'm doing some DIY at preschool too but I also promised myself that I have to do 1:1. My home first once, then something at school. Otherwise my own home and space gets shafted and that's not cool. Since we're almost done with clsoet demo, I think next on my line up is painting Julia's room this coming weekend.

So I'm reflecting on a lot of things I want to do short term and long term today.

We spetn out last Christmas gift cards at Best Buy. Paul and I agreed to share Mary Tyler Moore second season (guess what I'm treadmillgin to?) and then we spent the other card on the two Plaza Sesamo DVDs so Julia can watch Sesame Street in spanish. The first time we've ever bought her kid programming and so far, the only ones I can stand to watch. We see a lot else at preschool sometimes and I'm less than enchanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home