Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday. Blah.

Distance: 1.5 miles
Duration: 30 min
Speed: 3 mph

Easy, brief walk this morning spent mediating on last night.

I have a headache for two reasons. First, I think I'm sick because I have a scratchy throat. Second, had a thing with Paul last night where I unexpectedly blew up. It caught us both by surprise. He was talking about Julia's birthday party and I was talking about being overwhelmed by holidaying and being tired. At cross purposes, really.

He doesn't think a kiddie party is a big deal and I'm stressing out over nothing.

From my POV, it's the final straw in a long holiday season (remember, we start in Sept and don't end til January) and the desire to stop.

"If it isn't a big deal, then why can't we just not have a party?!"

"Ok, it IS a big deal. But I still don't see why it has to be so stressful."

It's like the housework sometimes and the problems we have over fair division of labor, only instead of housework, it's social obligations.

Blah.

He's going to plan and deal with it all. I'm supposed to just bring cake. I'm trying to let it go and be ok with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home