Thursday, January 12, 2006

Eye Boogers

Distance: 1.5 miles
Duration: 30 min
Speed: 3 mph

Today I woke up with what Julia calls "eye boogers." So I'm siting here hoping the saline spray will clear my nose and that my eye boogers are like hers a few weeks ago. Just the result of excess drainage from the nose and not actually pink eye. Pink eye would suck!

Day off, but I'm heading to school anyway to meet Carla and tackle the closet again. Peter spackled yesterday so today we're going to paint as high up as we can reach. Then we're going to try to sort some junk to toss.

I like Carla -- she's so sane and funny.

I'm bringing lunch since I ended up making so much food yesterday. What I had done was Spring Menu 7 from Fresh Food Fast by Peter Berley. It was a Christmas present to myself. Anyway, it says serves 4, but I'm not sure what 4 because the Spinach Soup with Basmati Rice and Carrots made 9 cups and then the Curried Chickpea Pancakes with Tahini sauce made 17 pancakes! So I'm hoping Carla and Liz and whatever other kids that want to try it will help me and Julia eat it.

The soup was a bit disappointing at first so I threw a can of tomato soup in it to help it out. Then the next day after sitting it was much better so if and when I make it again I need to remember to add some kind of vegetable tomato-y broth to it instead of the plain water it asked for.

The pancakes? I veganized (flax instead of eggs, soy milk instead of cow) and they kicked butt! Def. a keeper so I'll have to copy that one over to my recipe journal on the microwave for quick reference.

Off to walk... For those who are interested, Paula and Elliot are about to hook up in the Goodbye Girl and have their rooftop pizza date. I was talking to Paul about it and he said if Julai keeps waking up to play the stuff I'm watching in Spanish so at least she's getting more Spanish in her daily life. That thought hadn't occurred to be so we'll see if she wakes up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home