Saturday, August 19, 2006

Magic Kingdom

Drizzling when we got up. So not esp. keen to do yard work. So we went theme parking again instead. Excellent weather for it -- lighter crowds and light lines.

We were really surpised that Julia was so keen on Mickey Mouse. She's only seen 1 DVD of Mickey cartoons and we wondered how she'd react to seeing cast members dressed up. But when we went to meet Mickey she walked right up to him and gave him a hug, got her picture taken and then was reluctant to leave.





She liked checking out Mickey and Minnie's houses and of course we spent the rest of the time in Fantasyland. She was not keen on Philharmagic in 3D because she was convinced that Donald Duck was trying to steal her 3D glasses when he came at us from the screen.

Julia made us ride Small World twice and waved at all the little dolls she encountered on that ride.

Peter Pan she was indifferent to and it's such a short ride with such a long line -- if we can't fast pass it, I don't want to bother with it. We did get fast passes though, so it was ok.

Veg dining at the parks are ok, but not thrillsville so I'm going to have to start packing a lunch at least for me, if not for the rest of the family. I feel all gross and bloated now that I'm home. I had to go lacto-veg. Vegan is not happening easily at Magic Kingdom.

There's a project while we have annual passes -- note down what is vegan and where you can get it. Why hasn't someone already done this online somewhere? Or have they and I just can't find it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Prisca: said...

A couple links for you about veggie Disney:
http://www.vegetarianbaby.com/articles/disney.shtml

more specific recommendations:
http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.net/OtherInfo/DisneyLand.htm

I love Disney and last year used my season pss at least 2x a month (I was homeschooling my kids and used it as a field trip or learning experience of some sort). Anyway, we just moved out of Florida and the two things I miss are the beach in Winter and Disney.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home