Friday, June 30, 2006

Busy

Julia is a baby wipes junkie. I can't stand the smell of them. It's like how she's a Kleenex Junkie too. All about getting the things out of the box.

For the short while that we used disposable wipes, it was Seventh Generation unscented ones and then cloth wipes or wash cloths. The ones at school are usually supermarket generics that just STINK of that "baby powder" scent.

I hate that smell. It makes me crazy. Mom lamented to me that Julai just "didn't smell like baby" because I was so anti-baby powder smells that I refused to buy anything smelling like it. Not wipes. Not soaps. Not lotions. Nothing!

But today she got a hold of a wipe at school and hasn't yet had a bath, so she reeks of it. Ugh. Ugh.

I didn't realize how busy it's been with doing swim in the morning and then school in the afternoon til I started to write and scrolled down to update from my last post. Very sporadic.

Julia completed her second session and we have a week break before she begins her third. Thankfully, I managed to get her into the Tues and Thurs evening session, so it won't be so frantic, and if Paul manages to take her to some of them, I can hit water aerobics. If not, at least it slows down the pace for me.

Mr V. keeps asking me when she turns three so he can pass her to "Level 1" since she seems ready/capable but she's not 3 til Jan so she's stuck in "Parent & Child" lessons until next summer. I just want her to have fun with it and learn some water skills, so waiting til next year is fine with me. At the same time, I'm really happy with how she's coming along -- lots of new things we want to show off to Daddy over the weekend when we can hit the pool as a family.

Got some weight workouts in and I've been food logging. I saw my RE and got a prescription for Glucophage again. Also agreed to go to a Weight Watchers meeting with my friend/boss. I don't know that WW is for me, but I agreed to go with her to her first meeting for the support. She's feeling anxious about it.

Me? All in all, maintaining decently. But I want to head into losing again. It's been enough of a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home