Monday, June 19, 2006

Catching Up

Great pix, Amy!

Things here are quiet this morning. I skipped Julia's swim lesson because I hated to wake her. She's had a rough week and we're all low on sleep.

Thursday we went out of town to see my nephew off. He flew back to South Dakota.

Friday I worked preschool alone, so I felt all crazy when I came home. Had I known I was going to be working it solo, I would have prepared a little better and gone in a little earlier to get myself settled.

Saturday my friend Monique showed up from Texas and I hadn't seen her in years... I gave her all of Julia's baby clothes that I hadn't already given Lara. Monique is closing in on 8 months and I long came to the realization that even if we do have another child, people are going to overwhelm us with STUFF. Saturday night I took a little snooze whiel Paul worked on his part of Sunday's sermon, and then when he went to bed I checked it over for him for spelling and grammar and then printed it out and got all our gear ready.

In the morning we took off and since I wasn't working nursery I got to hear the Father's Day service. Paul was the speaker for the "new" dad, and they had another man covering the middley bit with older kids and teens, and an older gentlemen covered empty nest/grandfatherhood. Sort of like reflections of paternal love.

Paul was anxious because the last time he had to address a crowd was his valec. speech in HS!

But he did well and towards the end he started getting emotional and teary and then Julia started hooting and hollering for her Daddy from a pew. People found this amusing.

Afterward we went to a teahouse for lunch with some new friends that we've been trying to get together with for a long time. It was pleasant and relaxing. Home for a nap, then up again to dine out. Paul craved California Pizza Kitchen and who was I to argue with the Dad? I wanted a pina colada and ordered a salad to keep the calories down but it turned out that they ran out of that salad so I ended up getting a veg. pizza anyway and brought home the rest. It was an interesting combination -- mushroom, eggplant, corn, broccoli, pepper, etc.

We popped in to see my dad after that and spent a while watching Julia horse around.

Today? I'm up trying to plan my week like I do most Mondays. Tuesday I get produce, so I have to do a lot of cooking. Wednesday I have the workshop thing so that's going to be a rough day. After that, it should be easier and we have the weekend free of obligations so we ought to be better rested.

I didn't exercise heavily last week (1 weight workout, 3 swim lessons) but I did keep a food log and I'm down 2 lbs. So... let's see how this week develops. I have two recipes I want to try out so I'm looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home